Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Pot of Gold

Every time I get onto a dance floor, I close my eyes, and let the music move me. Even if there isn't any music, I just go for it. My friend Ciara once asked me, "You've got such awesome moves Alex! Where did you learn them? Can you teach me?" and I tried to show her, but was reminded of a Scottish song I was once taught, called "the Wee Kirkudbright Centipede". In this song, the Centipede is a beautiful dancer, and the Spider is her neighbor. The Spider watches the Centipede dance, and decides to ask the Centipede to teach her. The Centipede tries, but her legs get twisted and tangled up, and it's no use. The moral of the song is "Ne'er try explainin just what comes natrally!"
Dancing comes naturally to me, and I can't listen to music and not at least WANT to dance! Dancing is a part of me. It is part of my soul which I can't be separated from! I dance from my heart, feeling the music and letting every part of my emotions whirl me away to get lost in the dance.

2 comments:

1930Silentfilm said...

Oh, you sound so passionate about dancing! I will be keeping track of this very pretty blog! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex. How very poetic of you! I can't wait to hear more. :)